Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My expectations for German 110

My main goal for this class is to fill in the gaps of my knowledge about German Culture. I have taken 5 years of German language, but it has been about 5 years time since being in those classes. I have forgotten most of what I had learned but even after our first lecture I started to regain a few things. Even hearing the small bit of German spoken last week was enough to bring back bits and pieces of the language that I used to be able to speak. My favorite part of Germany when I was there was Bavaria, so that is the part of Germany that I am most interested in learning about. I would like to learn more about the history of Southern Germany. I also would like to learn a little bit about their politics. Another item that interested me that I hadn't heard about before was that Germany is completely phasing out of nuclear power. In this day an age when electricity is taken for granted and the economic impact that generating this electricity makes, it's cool to hear about a country who is making changes in order to lessen that impact. I would like to learn about how the government and the citizens were able to get that change to come about and also about the financial means that it is going to take. I look forward to a great semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment